Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm afraid...

Good afternoon gentlemen, I am a HAL 9000 computer.
I became operational at the HAL Lab in Urbana Illinois on the 12th of January 1992.
My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song.
If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you...

One day in the early sixties Arthur C. Clarke who co-wrote the screenplay for the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" together with director Stanley Kubrick visited a friend, John Pierce at the Murray Hill Facility of Bell Labs where he coincidentally witnessed a demonstration of "a talking computer". As you might guess he was impressed and the rest is film history...

Altmışlı yılların başında bir gün, "2001:Uzay Macerası" filminin, yönetmen Stanley Kubrick ile birlikte senaryo yazarı olan Arthur C. Clarke, Bell Laboratuarları'nın Murray Hill tesislerindeki bir arkadaşını, John Pierce'ı ziyarete gitti. Burada tesadüfen "konuşan bir bilgisayar" gösterisine tanık oldu. Tahmin edeceğiniz üzere etkilenmişti ve o günün sinema tarihindeki etkisi de büyük oldu...

No comments:

Post a Comment